Your local IMA Portland Chapter is back at it! This time we'll be volunteering at the Oregon Food Bank!
Come join us for a few hours on Saturday, December 7th, 1 - 3 PM to repack and label bulk dry food in a lively, active environment! You'll be repacking foods like rice, pasta, apples or potatoes into family-sized packages, either working at tables or around bins.
Join us after volunteering for an afternoon snack on us!
Repack and label bulk dry food in a lively, active environment! You'll be repacking foods like rice, pasta, apples or potatoes into family-sized packages, either working at tables or around bins.
PLEASE NOTE: The length of a shift is directly related to the amount of food we receive. The end time is the latest the shift will go, but may end earlier.
- Minimum Age 6. (Adults must accompany volunteers under 16)
- Volunteers must be able to lift 5 pounds
- Stand on concrete surfaces for extended period
- Able to tolerate working in a fast-paced warehouse environment with unregulated temperatures (may be hot or cold)
- Ability to handle loud noises
- You will be turned away if you are wearing improper foot wear or clothing.
- Shoes must have closed toes and heels (no sandals, clogs, mules or high heels).
- Shirts with sleeves are required. Tank tops are not allowed.
- Remove and secure jewelry/watches prior to shift.
- Volunteers under 16 years old are required to volunteer with an adult chaperone. (Minimum age for chaperones is 18)
- Youth Release forms are required for first-time volunteer
- If you have cold symptoms or open wounds, you will not be permitted to work.
- Temperatures in the volunteer areas can vary. Layers are recommended.
- Lockers are available for personal items, but are unsecured. Please leave valuables at home or lock in your car.
Arriving at OFB:
Please arrive 15 minutes before your shift. For travel options and directions to our Portland facility: 7900 NE 33rd Dr., Portland OR 97211 , click here. When you arrive, everyone needs to sign in on the tablets and wait for further instructions. The volunteer orientation begins promptly at the scheduled start time. For everyone's safety after regular office hours, the doors are locked 20 minutes after the start of the shift.